Saturday, April 28, 2012

THE ONLY POWER IN THE WORLD

They won't be available until May, but I drew this postcard to support 826CHI, the non-profit writing and tutoring center. Each postcard features text written by one of the students who's participated in programs at 826CHI, which are then illustrated by various artists. When I was in elementary school I had the opportunity to attend a few writing workshops (including one where the guest speaker was author/artist Tomie dePaola. It had a big impact on me, and is part of why I write and draw books now. You'll be able to buy the postcards to support 826CHI soon, but if you're really ambitious (and in Chicago) you can pick up tickets to the upcoming People Eating & Giving fundraiser, or PEG.

1 comment:

  1. dePaola is one of my favorite children's authors. Cool to meet him as a kid! My favorite book of his is "Tom". Jamie O'Rourke is good too.

    ReplyDelete