Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Music Saves My Life Every Day


Last year at the Small Press Expo, the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund auctioned off a custom guitar decorated by Andy Runton. This year, I've been invited to do the same. After some internal debating and asking around, I decided to try and do something autobiographical... I'd had the idea of writing a story called 'Music Saves My Life EVeryday' a while ago, and I think I'm going to adapt that for my design. So here's step one, pulling the guitar body out of the box and taking a look...

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome. I'm hopefully going to SPX, and as much as I'd like to have the guitar, I'm sure I don't even have enough money to even make a respectable bid. Hopefully I'll still get a look at it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's pretty cool and frightening... I play guitar so it would certainly be a fun instrument to own... best of luck with your design, my friend. Look forward to seeing the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I did illustrations all over a piano one time. Looking forward to seeing the stages of this project

    ReplyDelete