Saturday, October 1, 2011

Busy


It's been a busy two months, most of which I've spent finishing up the artwork for my next book with Chronicle, which should be out next year for Father's Day. It's been a lot of fun to draw, but I'm glad to have most of the pressure off for it. Meanwhile, I've been teaching a comics class at The School Of The Art Institute Of Chicago again. This past week's exercise was for the students to try and duplicate a panel from a comic, and then re-draw it again in their own styles or without trying to copy directly. I did a quick example of this panel from Uncanny X-Men #192.

5 comments:

  1. I am glad to see the teaching stuff is back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I remember that love triangle like it was yesterday......

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's due out for Father's Day, does that mean it is fatherhood themed? That would be awesome. I'd love to read about your adventures as a dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is indeed fatherhood themed - the title is "Darth Vader and son", and hopefully I'll be able to share more about it soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm already excited about what the cover might look like.

    ReplyDelete